A new issue of our bi-monthly SWITCH Security Report has just been released.
The topics covered in this report are:
- The dark side of the Data Force: Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, and the pressing question of who is using whose data for what
- News from the world of state trojans: Microsoft’s analysis of FinFisher
- Russian APT28 hackers’ month-long infiltration of the computer network of Germany’s federal government
- Bitcoin bounty or close encounter: bizarre side-effects of cryptomining
The Security Report is available in both English and German.
»» Download the english report. »» Download the german report.
Did you miss our previous Security Report? Click here to go to the archive.
We announced 3 one day DNS trainings in the end of February and all three trainings where fully booked within 24 hours. We are happy to see so much demand for DNSSEC in Switzerland.
We managed to add two more dates for the DNSSEC training together with PowerDNS
The training will be given at the following dates in Zurich:
7.5. Zurich, SWITCH
8.5. Zurich, SWITCH
The one day training will give you an introduction into DNSSEC and show you how to sign DNS zones on an autoritative DNS server.
We will use PowerDNS for the practical and hands on part. PowerDNS contains support for DNSSEC, enabling the easy serving of DNSSEC secured data, with minimal administrative overhead.
• Short introduction to DNSSEC
• how DNSSEC works
• keys / signatures / NSEC / NSEC3
• Working with DNSSEC and the PowerDNS Authoritative server
• Short overview over PowerDNS Authoritative server backends (MySQL, PostgreSQL, BIND, pipe, …)
• DNSSEC signing
• Pre-signed zones
• Zone transfers
• Utilities (pdnsutil)
• The PowerDNS ALIAS record (and its future)
Required skills: Unix system administrator skills and DNS server know how.The training will be delivered in english.
More information and registration here: