- “No Place to Hide” is the new book on the NSA’s sweeping efforts to “Know it All” written by Glenn Greenwald. A comprehensive review has been published on washingtonpost.com.
- According to this book the NSA has been covertly implanting interception tools in US network equipment heading overseas…
- Cisco is not amused: “Governments should not interfere with the ability of companies to lawfully deliver internet infrastructure as ordered by their customers.”
- Crimeware has steadily transferred Windows-based technology to Android. Now “Police Ransomware” expands to the Android ecosystem.
- DNS DDoS: Incapsula reported in their blog on a DNS flood of 1.5 Billion requests per minute, fueled by different DDoS protection services.
- How to characterize a target device through its wireless traffic? French researchers published a study on passive 802.11 device fingerprinting.
- Der deutsche E-Mail-Anbieter Posteo setzt künftig auf DNS-based Authentification of Name Entries (DANE), um Kunden die Möglichkeit zu bieten, Zertifikate für TLS-Verbindungen zu prüfen. DANE basiert auf DNSSEC.