- HITB2013KUL: The Security Conference ‘Hack in the Box‘ took place this week. Slides of the talks are available here.
- Malware “Dexter”: Infected point-of-sale terminals in South African restaurants costs banks millions.
- Bring your own Shadow IT: How people avoid the “clunky” network their organisation offers.
- Insecurities of /dev/random: A security analysis (PDF) of Linux’ pseudo-random number generator.
- Can we trust ‘NSA-proof’ TrueCrypt? Security researchers are raising funds to conduct an independent audit of TrueCrypt, the popular disk encryption utility.
- NSA collects millions of address books: According to a newly disclosed presentation, the NSA collects contact lists from personal e-mail and instant messaging accounts around the world.
- Windows XP support ends April 2014! After this date customers will no longer receive new security updates.