- Phishing: Patrick Nelson at Technewsworld wrote about 6 steps how to identify and deal with bogus banking e-mails.
- IE8 Exploit: If you (still) use Internet Explorer Version 8, note that a newly discovered vulnerability is being actively exploited. MS published an advisory and released an intermediate “stopgap” fix. (CVE-2013-1347)
- Ransomware: botfrei.de is reporting a new wave of ransomware infections. The malware downloads illegal pictures to the victims harddisk. Read how to get rid of the malware and the pictures.
- Online Banking: Read why to chose a Web-based platform for mobile banking instead of a Mobile app.
- Watering Hole Attacks are an attractive alternative to Spear Phishing, Jaeson Schultz explains on the Cisco blog.
- ‘The Onion’ explains how its Twitter account was hacked.
Der aktuelle SWITCH Security- und Privacy-Report 4/13 (PDF) ist online.