- The anti-spam organization Spamhaus faced a large DDoS attack the last days – probably after blacklisting CyberBunker IPs. Cloudflare who helped mitigating the attack reporting about it in their blog quite proudly. And Russia Today did an interview with CyberBunker spokesman Kamphuis, who claimed that “Spamhaus is a major censorship organization“.
- VSkimmer: McAfee revealed a Trojan for sale that can steal credit card information from card readers connected to Windows PCs.
- “Internet Census 2012”: An anonymous researcher published the results of an “Internet Census” – an internet-wide IPv4-scan conducted misusing 420,000 insecure embedded devices connected to the public internet. “This is one of the few situations where a botnet is formed with good intentions“, Rapid7 admits in their blog.
- “Security Awareness Trainings are a waste of time.” – An interesting standpoint from Bruce Schneier.
- Palo Alto just published their “Modern Malware Review” (PDF), a review of it can be found at TechWorld.
One thought on “IT-Security-Links #17”
Thanks for the links. I was very amazed to know about McAfee revealing such a kind of Trojan. 😉
Comments are closed.