- ‘Red October’ is the Security buzzword this week. Kaspersky published a report about a large scale cyber-espionage network on monday. And they called it ‘Red October’ (after famous novel ‘The Hunt For The Red October’).
- Interesting reading from the Citizen Lab Internet research group about the downside of network security and optimization products: “Planet Blue Coat: Mapping Global Censorship and Surveillance Tools“. And a corresponding article in the New York Times.
- “Cybercrime and the Underground Market” is a quite detailed article about Cyber-attacks, malware, identity theft, phishing and spam – in the Infosec-Institute Blog by Pierluigi Paganini.
- Also after the recent Java patch: A new exploit suggests to keep Java disabled.
- “Hacking macht Spass.” – Die NZZ berichtet über die israelische Hackerin Keren Elazari.
- Staatstrojaner 2.0: netzpolitik.org und heise.de berichten über die neuesten Gerüchte.